Written by: admin
The 81st Academy Awards take place on 22nd February. No expense has been spared here to bring you the ultimate Oscars guide.
* We have searched the country for psychic cats to predict the winners.
* Made mucky anagrams of the names of the major stars.
* Scoured our archives for smut and gossip about the nominees.
* Asked Ladbrokes to update us with the best Oscars odds as we try to ease our way through the credit crunch by ridiculous and random betting.
* Reenacted all five BEST FILM nominees with sticky back plastic, soft toys and dolls, here’s a sneak preview of Milk.
From now until Oscar night (Feb 22nd) we’ll bring you something new every day.
Click through to watch Wilbur the Psychic Cat predict the Best Actress winner..
Now two years old, Wilbur had a difficult start to life. He was abandoned as a kitten with his sister under a hedge in a park. When rescued, he hid under the sofa for months. When he finally ventured out from under the sofa, we were amazed to learn that he had special powers. Wilbur started growling every time Jade Goody came on TV, thus correctly predicting her struggle with cancer. He then selected the winner of Strictly Come Dancing in the very first episode by tapping on the screen whenever Tom Chambers appeared. He also meowed loudly during Celebrity Big Brother whenever we reached for the laptop to put money on Verne Troyer, instead lifting his paw at the screen to indicate Ulrika. Alas, we ignored him. But we were wrong, and he was right! We won’t be making the same mistake again.
WATCH WILBUR PREDICT THE WINNER OF THE BEST ACTRESS AWARD….
Ladbrokes have kindly set up a special Oscars deal for Popbitch readers – open an account and they will match your first bet with a free bet, up to 25GBP. So go here to pit your wits against Wilbur. Oh and those old folks in Hollywood who vote for the Oscar winners
And don’t forget to vote here in the Popbitch Oscars poll:
[poll id = "2"]
We’ll also be providing you with everything you need to sound as if you’ve seen the films already.
Tags: kate winslet, ladbrokes, mickey rourke, oscars, psychic cats, sean penn, slumdog millionaire
Posted in Uncategorized |