John Terry signed up with a new sports agency this week. They’re trying to get him some gigs by pushing the line that he was “Chelsea’s most successful captain” but, for some reason, they’re overlooking many of his more famous triumphs. Such as:
* Getting fined by police for parking his Bentley in a disabled space while getting pizza
* Being arrested and charged with punching a nightclub doorman (but claimed self-defence and was acquitted)
* Getting thrown out of a different nightclub for pissing in a glass and leaving it on the dancefloor (he claimed his toe was too injured to get up and go to the toilet)
* Impregnating his teammate’s girlfriend
* Standing trial for racially abusing Rio Ferdinand’s brother, Anton
Terry would be a headache client for most agencies but this one is headed up by Ben Thatcher, the former Man City defender who attacked Portsmouth midfielder Pedro Mendes so badly that he got investigated by the police.
It’s also owned by Charles Saatchi – so if any agency has the chops to sell someone like JT, it’s them.