Reclusive pop genius Max Martin has just given his first major interview since 2001. Here’s some of the things we learned:
1. His house in LA used to be owned by Frank Sinatra, and then James Coburn.
2. He’s good mates with Zlatan.
3. He started out playing the French horn as he thought it was the coolest instrument.
4. Went through a stage of extreme Prince-fandom.
5. He’s recently started listening to jazz. A lot.
6. Has a children’s book about the Beatles in his studio to explain them to some of the younger artists he works with.
7. Says he has cheesy tastes; loves Def Leppard and Kiss.
The full interview: